Blowouts are a fantastic method to increase volume, shine and hold to your hair so that you can look beautiful for all of those winter gatherings. They can also last for a few days if done correctly so that you can minimize any heat damage to your hair. Below are a few tips on how to blow-dry your hair.
Protect your hair from the winter elements
If you don’t take precautions, the time and effort you spent on your blowout will be gone in minutes.
- Wear a hat or hood to protect your blowout from rain, sleet, and snow (maybe we’ll get some in Cary this winter?)
- Protect your blowout while running errands by using a claw clip or loose ponytail, especially if you are working out
Use a blow dryer with concentrator (nozzle) & heat protectant
This is the most effective approach to preserve your blowout. It’s also preferable to blow dry your hair soon after a shower to prevent any frizz or flatness from over air drying.
- Apply a heat protectant before blow-drying (We highly recommend Virtue’s 6 in 1 Styler)
- Use a blow dryer on the warm setting to rough dry your hair all over 50-75% depending on your hair texture
- Focus on the root area, lift the hair off your scalp in the direction it grows to add volume and body and then work your way through the mid lengths of your hair
- Separate your hair off into manageable sections
- Use a round brush to smooth and polish these sections while making sure that the blow dryer nozzle is always pointed down the hair shaft
- Never sandwich the hair completely with the brush and blow dryer nozzle, you want to get close without damaging the hair
- Repeat until all sections are dried and polished
Use a hairspray and/or finishing spray
Your blowout will last longer if you lock in all your work with a hair spray or finishing spray. Spritz and go and your blowout should look fresh all day long!
- Hold the spray about 12 inches away from your head and spray in short bursts
- Repeat until all sections are sprayed
- Try a humidity-resistant hairspray to help your blowout last in humid weather (We recommend Mr Smith Hairspray or Mr Smith High Hold Hairspray)
- Try a texture spray to add more grit and hold for a lasting look! (We recommend Mr Smith Dry Texture Spray)
Follow these simple tips and you’ll be able to maintain your blowout all winter long, or book a blowout with one of our stylists online 24/7. Happy styling!
A Vision of Modern Luxury
Experience The Difference
Our Latest Blog Posts
Precision cuts are not only essential for maintaining healthy and stylish hair but also for promoting overall hair vitality. By meticulously trimming the hair strands, a precision cut effectively minimizes the occurrence of split ends and breakage, contributing to the...
Hair glossing is a demi-permanent hair treatment designed to enhance the shine and overall appearance of your hair. It involves the application of a translucent or colored gloss, which helps seal the hair cuticle and smooth away frizz, resulting in a sleek and...
Hair treatments vary depending on their purpose. There are treatments for moisturizing, strengthening, repairing, and even for adding shine to your hair. Some popular treatments include deep conditioning, keratin smoothing, and scalp treatments. Each treatment targets...