If you have fine hair, you know that it can be a struggle to find styles that actually make your hair look fuller. But don’t worry, we’ve got you covered. Read on for volume-boosting hairstyles and tips that will help you achieve the look you desire.
What You Need To Know About Fine Hair
Fine hair is often described as being silky or baby-soft. It has a beautiful, touchable texture that can be hard to style if you don’t know the right techniques. The secret to making fine hair appear full is to create volume and movement, which may be accomplished with the appropriate haircut and styling products.
Fine hair is often thin and delicate, so it requires special care. Be sure to use a volumizing shampoo and conditioner, and avoid products that weigh your hair down. When styling fine hair, always use a heat protectant and be careful not to overdo it with the heat styling tools. Try not to use too much product, as this can also weigh your hair down. Instead, focus on using products that are lightweight and add moisture, so you gain both volume and texture while keeping your hair soft.
The Best Hairstyles For Fine Hair
- The Bob: Another great option for fine hair, the Bob can also help to create volume and movement. Try a Bob with some layers, or even an asymmetrical Bob for a little fun! A textured bob can add more volume. A Lob (long bob) with layers is a good in between length for those that want to keep length while still being able to add style.
- The Pixie Cut: If you really want to make fine hair work for you, go short with a Pixie Cut. This style is perfect for adding texture and movement, and can also help your hair appear fuller. This is great for someone who wants minimal styling time.
- The Textured Cut: A textured cut is a great way to add movement and volume to Fine hair. This style can be achieved with layers, or even with some shorter pieces, that help to frame the face. To add even more texture, have your stylist use a razor to achieve this cut.
- Braids: Braids are ideal for people with fine hair looking to add volume and texture. For a beautiful, volumized appearance, try a fishtail or French braid. A great way to utilize braids would be sleeping with your hair braided. You will wake up with beautiful waves, be sure to add some dry texture spray to your roots after you undo the braids to revamp your volume.
- Curls: Fine hair may also benefit from curling. They can aid in the creation of volume and texture, and are an excellent and simple way to style your hair.
5 Simple Tips For Getting More Volume In Your Fine Hair
- Start with a volumizing shampoo and conditioner
- Use a heat protectant before styling with heat tools
- Focus on using products that add volume and texture, as well as a lightweight moisture product to prevent your hair feeling too dry
- Try using a lower heat setting on your hot tools, fine hair typically doesn’t need much heat
- When curling your hair try alternating the direction of curls – this will help separate them in a way that makes your hair appear fuller
The Bottom Line With Fine Hair
Fine hair is delicate and often thin, but with the right haircut and styling products, you can achieve a voluminous look. Bobs, curls, and pixie cuts are all great choices for fine hair. Be sure to use a volumizing shampoo and conditioner, and use products that add volume and texture. Try not to overdo it with the heat styling tools, and focus on creating styles that add volume and movement. With these tips, you’ll be able to achieve the perfect hairstyle for fine hair.
Hair Care Products For Fine Hair
We offer hair styling services from precision cuts to lived-in low maintenance that are personalized to enhance your natural style, hair texture, and beauty. Our stylists work with your features, skin tone, and natural hair texture to create a custom look that complements you and works for your lifestyle.
Our Latest Blog Posts
Cary, NC, September 13, 2022 — Sunday Salon, North Carolina’s premier hair salon for radiant color, precision haircuts, and lived-in low maintenance styles, is proud to announce that it has received the coveted and prestigious Phorest Client Experience Award. The...
Cary, NC, September 6, 2022 — Sunday Salon, North Carolina’s premier hair salon for radiant color, precision haircuts, and lived-in low maintenance styles, joined thousands of industry professionals at the Orlando World Center Marriott in Orlando, Florida from August...
August is officially National Hair Loss Awareness Month, which means now is an important time to understand the causes of hair loss and share why we recommend Virtue Flourish™ as the brand for hair loss solutions. According to the American Hair Loss Association, women...